Sunday 2 November 2014

Fraulein Kost Hair Ideas

Design 1


This is my first hair design for Fraulein Kost. I want her to have dark blonde hair in all of my designs. This design features a faux bob, with marcel waves in the front, and curls in the back. I want this to be tight to the head to avoid a triangular shape, and also because in a lot of the images I have seen, the hair is often quite flat to the head with waves, finger waves and pin curls.
Practicing Design
 First, using a small curling tong, set the hair. The curls in the front section should be curled in the direction that the hair will go horizontally. Then set the top section of the back of the head with pin curls in different directions to get volume.

 Backcomb the remaining hair and secure in a low ponytail before rolling up underneath and securing with pins.






 Take the pincurls our and brush through lightly before securing underneath the hair 'roll'. If some layers are shorter, these can be left loose.
To create the marcel waves remove the clips from the front sections and brush all the curls together to form one section. Apply some product and push and guide into the wave the hair wants to form. You can then secure the ends underneath the hair at the back.

Design 2

 This was my second design for Fraulein Kost. It features finger waves and pin curls which were techniques often used in the 1920s/30s. This style may look too un-finished though, as in the scene I am looking at she has just met a customer so it is unlikely that her hair would be set. This being said, if the grips aren't visible it could look like a short hair style.
Practicing Design
 First I created the finger curls and left them to set with hair sectioning clips while I curled and pinned the back. I sprayed this with hair spray so that the shape will hopefully stay when the clips are removed.
 I curled the hair with a curling iron before rolling it into the pin curls and securing with hair pins.
 Then I took the clips out of the front to reveal the finger waves. This is the finished look.


I think if I had left the finger waves to set for a bit longer they would have been more flat and effective, and I struggled with concealing the hair pins in the pin curls. I like this look, but don't feel that it is appropriate for the scene I have chosen or for my character.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment